Haven Website Services (herein after referred to as “we”, “us”) are the owners of the website whose address is www.havenwebsiteservices.co.uk (“this/the website”, “our website”).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15/03/2023.
What we collect
This Contact Form information, while personal and needing to be kept private, is not considered highly sensitive or high risk (such as credit card information or medical records might be). Basic security measures are therefore considered adequate to protect this information.
What we do with the information we gather
We will not use your details for any other reason than to contact you to answer your enquiry. We will not send you information you have not asked for and we will never pass your details to any third party unless required by law to do so. Your details will not be entered into any other software or database.
How we store the information
The information you enter will be received by us as an email. We will then store that email as we would any other email in our email client. That email will be kept in our email program (and any backups made of it) until we delete it. We have no set schedule for deleting old emails.
A copy of your Contact Form will also be stored by our website software in its ‘back end’, which is only accessible to a person who has password access to our website, usually restricted to ourselves and our web designer. This copy will be deleted either during routine maintenance of our website or when the website itself is deleted. We take steps to ensure that our website is safe from hacking, so your Contact Form details should remain secure on our website server.
As part of our commitment to protecting your personal data, we will:
- only process your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR and UK data protection legislation;
- keep your personal data confidential at all times;
- hold your personal data for as long as necessary to deal with your enquiry, and until our next routine purging of data from our records, which is done from time to time;
- only use your data to enable us to comply with our responsibilities under applicable UK legislation and regulations, or to comply with any court orders.
Data Protection Act 1998
Under this Act you may request details of personal information which we hold about you.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal data that we hold for you (if any).
- let us know if there are any errors in the personal data that we hold for you (if any).
- request us to delete any of the personal data that we hold for you (if any).
- request that we stop processing your personal data (if any).
However, as all the information we may hold about you was entered by you into our Contact Form, and is very basic, we would suggest that such an information request may not be worthwhile.
Please email us at: havenwebsiteservices @ gmail.com to request any changes.
Friendly and affordable website maintenance and design.